Valhalla 38, Keio 21: At Valhalla Wednesday, Jade Fumarelli scored 13 points. Kelsey Fritsch had 10 points and 12 rebounds.
Saunders 58, Lincoln 25: At Saunders, Amanda Smith scored 13 of her 26 points in the first quarter. Jessica Smith added 17 points. Antoinette Morris had seven points for Lincoln.
Sacred Heart 63, Saunders 53: At Sacred Heart Wednesday, Danielle Sklany had 14 points and Kelly Triarsi had 13 points for Sacred Heart. Amanda Smith led Saunders with 23 points.
Croton-Harmon 32, Harrison 28: At Croton-Harmon, Grace Mulligan had 11 points and Dani Douglas went 7-for-8 from the free throw line down the stretch. Shawn Caparelli had eight points for the Huskies.
Tappan Zee 63, Horace Greeley 36: At Horace Greeley, Regina Argenzio and Devona Paul had 15 points each. Jackie Brett had 12 points for the Quakers.
John Jay-EF 58, Carmel 46: At Carmel Wednesday, Brittany Gullo had 19 points and Brittany Gregory had 15 points for John Jay-EF. Alyssa A’Aprice led Carmel with 17 points.
Brewster 41, Kennedy 38: In the consolation game of the Kennedy Catholic Holiday Tournament, Lynesja Cox had nine points and Rory Stark had eight points to lead Brewster. Sara Down led Kennedy with eight points.
Somers 50, Peekskill 36: At Somers, Marisa Gardineer had 14 points and six steals for the Tuskers. Teammate Caitlyn Opfer had six steals and five blocks. Asia Jackson had 13 points for Peekskill.
Pearl River 57, Clarkstown South 35: At Pearl River, Allison Cook, Marissa Scognamiglio and Christa Scognamiglio had 12 points each. Laura Castaldo had 11 points for the Vikings.
Panas 34, Lakeland 33: At Lakeland, Rachel Myers scored with .4 seconds remaining to win the game. Teammate Heather Kelly had 19 points. Alex Pappalardo and Emily Alicea had 10 points each.
Sleepy Hollow 67, Eastchester 55: At Eastchester, Jamie Bucci had 40 points for Sleepy Hollow. Gabrielle Pinto had 17 points and 13 rebounds and Olivia Hefferman had 13 points and 10 rebounds for the Eagles.
Player of the Night: Jamie Bucci’s 40 points in Sleepy Hollow’s 67-53 win over Eastchester give her the “award” tonight. Bucci was also 15-16 from the free-throw line.
- Somers had two players with six steals tonight. Marisa Gardineer and Caitlyn Opfer. Somers is now 7-0, and inserting itself into the conversation for best team in the area.
- With it’s win over Horace Greeley, Tappan Zee improves to 6-0.
- Pearl River is now 3-0, and coach Lorraine Moylan is just one win shy of 500. More on this coming next week.
- A correction to last night: In Mamaroneck’s loss last night to Mount Vernon, Maggie Sullivan had 20 points. Not 14
- Rob coverd Ossining’s game against Mahopac. He put some notes below which you can read, and be sure to check out his story in tomorrow’s paper.