Since this is the LoHud Girls Basketball Blog, I figured, what better way to kick off this contest than with a quiz featuring questions about… the LoHud Girls Basketball Blog.
All of the answers to these questions can be found somewhere on this blog, although, if you really know your stuff, you won’t need to search that hard. I tried making them as playful, yet challenging, as possible. I also tried splitting them between Rockland and Westchester. So, strap in, ready your fingers, and let’s get started!
I’ve included a bonus question, which will serve as the tiebreaker. This is not an “extra point” for score, meaning, if one person goes 5-for-5 and misses the bonus, and someone else goes 4-for-5 and gets the bonus, the first person still wins.
Please post your answers in the comments section in the following format below. I have a minor case of OCD and I just think it looks a lot neater than people just writing them separated by commas.
1. (Your answer)
2. (Your answer)
3. (Your answer)
4. (Your answer)
5. (Your answer)
LOHUD GIRLS BASKETBALL QUIZ
1. Where did Ossining eighth-grade standout Andra Espinoza-Hunter transfer to?
2. The Rockland County’s all-time leading scorers list features two pair of a teammates. Who are the teammates, what school did they play for, and what year did they graduate?
3. Who had the most career points on Irvington’s roster last season?
4. Last year, Peekskill and Pelham became just the second and third outbracket teams to ever make the County Center. Who was the other? (Name the year, as well)
5. Pearl River coach Lorraine Moylan retired with the most wins in Rockland County. How many did she finish with?
BONUS: What was so unique about Hamilton’s section-championship victory over Keio? (NOTE: I’m looking for a specific answer.)