Good evening, and welcome to the second contest quiz for a chance to win a pair of tickets to next week’s Slam Dunk tournament at the Westchester County Center.
Yesterday’s quiz was all about the LoHud Girls Basketball Blog. Today’s quiz is all about the professional Slam Dunk Contest. The questions are a bit harder (at least I think so), but the same rules apply — the first person to correctly answer all five questions and the bonus question will win. If nobody answers all six correctly, the contest stays open until tomorrow’s final quiz at 7 p.m. The person with the most correct answers (not including the bonus) wins. The bonus simply serves as a tiebreaker.
Strap in, ready your fingers, and let’s get started!
Please post your answers in the comments section in the following format below. I have a minor case of OCD and I just think it looks a lot neater than people just writing them separated by commas.
1. (Your answer)
2. (Your answer)
3. (Your answer)
4. (Your answer)
5. (Your answer)
SLAM DUNK CONTEST QUIZ
1. When was the first-ever Slam Dunk Contest, and who won?
2. Who has won the most NBA Slam Dunk Contests, and how many has he won?
3. Where will the 2014 NBA Slam Dunk Contest be held?
4. Who won the 1998 and 1999 NBA Slam Dunk Contests?
5. (Get ready for this one) There was speculation that the 2011 NBA Slam Dunk Contest was rigged so that a specific player could win. Which journalist brought this to light, what media outlet was he/she from, why did he/she think the contest was rigged?
BONUS: In the movie, “White Men Can’t Jump,” Wesley Snipes and Woody Harrelson have make a bet that Harrelson’s character can’t dunk. How much is this bet for, and how many attempts does he get?